cPanel simplifies website and server management
The cPanel software package makes life easier for web hosts and the website owners they serve. It offers intuitive, powerful tools that perform essential tasks quickly, easily, and reliably.
cPanel, our website control panel interface, is designed for website owners. It simplifies tasks such as:
- Uploading and managing web pages.
- Creating email accounts.
- Installing web-based applications like blogs, shopping carts, and forums.
- Backing up data.
- Protecting a site’s content and bandwidth from abuse.
- Generating and viewing statistics about visitors.
- Reviewing error logs to locate broken links and other problems.
Managing a website with cPanel
The most important part of a website owner’s job is creating, uploading, and editing web pages. In cPanel, a site owner has several options for managing content. He or she can:
- Easily upload and manage web pages in cPanel’s File Manager.
- Use cPanel’s Web Disk feature to drag and drop files into the customer’s account.
- Use traditional file transfer methods (including FTP, SFTP, and FTPS).
- Create additional FTP accounts for employees.
Use web-based applications
Site owners can install commonly used web-based applications, such as WordPress blogs, osCommerce stores, and phpBB forums, simply by answering a few quick questions in the cPanel interface.
Backing up data
Backing up data is simple with cPanel’s Backup Wizard. Our software comes equipped with an interface to help site owners manage and acquire backups for their entire account.
Virus protection makes it easy to scan files for viruses. Site owners can even prevent other websites from inappropriately using their bandwidth, password-protect areas of a site, and set up cPanel to automatically ban a user who shares a password to a restricted area of the website.
cPanel provides comprehensive email management
- Website owners can use cPanel to create email accounts associated with a website. cPanel supports the standard mail protocols, including POP, IMAP, and SMTP, both with and without SSL encryption.
- To curb spam, cPanel provides powerful spam deterrents: SpamAssassin and BoxTrapper. We also offer the ability to automatically route messages to a spam folder.
- cPanel provides a web-based interface for checking email, so account holders can access mail at any time, from any computer with a web browser. cPanel also supports the latest email technologies to ensure messages reach the intended destination.
- cPanel users can set up email forwarding, which allows account holders to have an address at one domain (such as
) forward incoming messages to another (such as
). This can also be useful to businesses that need to route email to an employee’s BlackBerry® or other mobile device.
For power users, mail filtering and mailing lists are available.
Amount of Information
Many SEOs prefer cPanel because of the amount of information it provides about web traffic. Web statistics can be generated by three different statistics generators. In addition, logs of errors encountered by website visitors, bandwidth tracking, and even raw FTP access logs are available via the cPanel interface.
Professional web developers love cPanel, too. They can quickly view a server's PHP configuration, install Ruby Gems, customize error pages and how content is served.
Use several languages
Localization allows webmasters to use cPanel in Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish.